99. Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz, Fancy
OK, well, it's a typical Hip Hop song. Good bounce, well produced, catchy chorus, but not much substance. I don’t really see this getting very far. It's good for the clubs though.
98. Blake Shelton, All About Tonight
This has been around a while on the Country charts. It's got a good solid driving beat, and the chorus is a real up lifter, and a good Country feeling. That said, I don’t think it's got the staying power compared to other Country songs. Maybe this'll have a few weeks.
97. Craig Morgan, This Ain't Nothin'
A soft Country ballad, telling a sad tale of family tragedies. Only Country music can get away with this. The music is very typical, and overall it's an average song, but the subject matter wants me to go get the tissue. This will have maybe a couple of weeks.
96. Rodney Atkins, Farmer's Daughter
There's quite a bit of Country music this week. This is another story of a man's life on the farm. I don’t get it. Maybe it's coz I'm a city boy. Anyway, the song is alright, but far from a Country great. It's been on the Country charts for a while, but on the Billboard Hot 100? Maybe a week or two on the charts.
95. Jaheim, Finding My Way Back
Combining a little Hip Hop and a lot of Rn'B, this is quite a good song. His voice is good and pulls you into the song. The chorus pushes the song really high. This get's two thumbs up from me. How will this do? Good question. I think this will climb but not too high.
93. The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome, Lay Me Down
I love the beat here. It's like a soft acoustic Rock mixed with Reggae. This song has a lot of potential, and I think it will do well. Not top 20, but well, and will hang around for a while. My favorite for the week.
91. Bobby Brackins Featuring Ray J, 143
I never got why Hip Hop artists always say their names in their songs. This song has got a strong Hip Hop beat, but isn't a strong Hip Hop song. It's just not interesting enough, and follows an already tired formula of song structure. I don’t think this will be here next week.
90. Soulja Boy Tell'em, Pretty Boy Swag
He's back, with ever repeating his name. Um, this song kind of drags, and I mean literally. It's like it's this heavy bag that he's trying to pull along the floor. It's bad, it's boring, how did this get into the Top 100??? I hope it's not here next week.
89. 3OH!3, Double Vision
These guys have been shelling out quite a few songs over the past months. I think this is one of the weaker songs, even with the good chorus. All that being said, it still has some potential, and I think this will climb.
81. Disturbed, Another Way To Die
It's not often that you get a hard Rock song on the Top 100. Now, while this song isn't a bad one for the Genre, the band has had much better. This will do well on the Rock charts, but I don’t see this here next week, even with its green message. If it is, it'll probably drop.
71. Drake Featuring Alicia Keys, Fireworks
These two have a great ability to provide us with a good strong solid song combining both Drake's Hip Hop and Alicia Keys' Rn'B.
So why did they give us this garbage? There's nothing here. He drones on in the verse, and she gives us a lower than average chorus. This will drop, IMO.
57. Drake, 9 AM In Dallas
He's given us a few songs this week. This one is better than the others. It's not bad for the Genre. It's a little monotonic, but the background music keeps it interesting. I don’t see too much of a future for the song, though. I think next week it will drop.
49. Drake Featuring Nicki Minaj, Up All Night
He's a busy man this week. I'm not sure what the marketing strategy is here. Anyway, This week's highest new entry is just another Hip Hop song that sounds like so many others. And nowhere near his best. This will drop next week.
So how did I do on last week's predictions?
Right:
Glee Cast – Like I said last week, the success of their songs on the charts didn’t usually make it more than one week.
Ne-Yo, Beautiful Monster – It's more or less stayed put, as I thought.
Christina Aguilera, Bionic – this was a bad song.
Shakira Featuring Freshlyground, Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) – it's still in season.
Wrong:
Justin Bieber Featuring Jaden Smith, Never Say Never – Although I never really said what I thought would happen with the song, I did think it would stay in a high place. It dropped to 65.
Undetermined:
OneRepublic, Secrets – I thought it would stay a little while longer, but it left the charts.
Train, If It's Love – It still has a while to go on my prediction, but it climbed 12 places.
Lil Jon Featuring 3OH!3, Hey – While I did predict a hit, it climbed only Eight places.

No comments:
Post a Comment