98. Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele, Aston Martin Music
It's very well performed, and overall a good sound, but I didn't really feel this song had much originality to it. While there's a catchy hook to it, it's not very hit worthy.
I don't think this will get more than a couple of weeks, and might not even be in the charts next week.
75. Ne-Yo, Champagne Life
There's a Michael Jackson homage both in the music and video, and to be honest, it sounds really good. I think this song will get pretty far. It's my favorite for the week.
43. Bruno Mars, Just The Way You Are
I have to say that while this song has a lot of potential to it and will probably get quite far in the charts, I don't really care for it. It's one of those songs that has a great sound and strong performance but when you think about it, there are many other songs that sound similar and are much better.
20. Katy Perry, Teenage Dream
This week's highest new entry is a hit, so there's not much to say where it will go. IMO, though, it's nowhere near as strong as California Gurls. While it can break the top 10, I don't think this will be No.1 or have the same staying power.
So how did I do with last week's predictions?
Right:
Rob Thomas, Mockingbird - It left the charts.
Easton Corbin, Roll With It - It only climbed one place, so I think I might have been correct on this. We'll see next week.
Hannah Montana, Ordinary Girl - It stayed in the same place, so I might have been correct.
Wrong:
Monica, Love All Over Me - While it stayed in the same place, I did think it would leave the charts.
Chiddy Bang, Opposite Of Adults - I thought it would last a little longer, but it left the charts.
Auburn Featuring Iyaz, La La La - I didn't think this would last. I didn't think it that great a song. It climbed 16 places.
Darius Rucker, Come Back Song - I thought it would do much better. It dropped 18 places.
Undetermined:
New Boyz Featuring Iyaz, Break My Bank - I didn't predict a bright future for the song. I thought it would slightly climb, but it slightly dropped eight places.
Usher Featuring Pitbull, DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - It's still hanging in there.
Friday, 30 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment