Saturday, 24 July 2010

I'm Off to Greece

Tomorrow, I'm going on Vacation to Greece for the week. So, for now, here's this week's latest new entries to the Billboard Hot 100 charts.

100. Rob Thomas, Mockingbird
There's something remeniscent of early eighties style Rock songs. The drive here is great. The overall song is pretty good. All that said, I don't predict too bright a future for this song. 25 years ago, it would have hit top 10.


98. Easton Corbin, Roll With It
It's not too bad a Country song, but it's not the greatest either. It's been a while on the country charts, but i don't think this will stick around on the Hot 100 for too long.


94. Monica, Love All Over Me
It's very nice ballad, but I found it sounding like too many other similar songs, and also very un-catchy.
Her voice is fantasic, but I don't think it's enough to keep the song in the charts. I think it might not be here next week.


91. Hannah Montana, Ordinary Girl
This is actually pretty weak, even for Miley Sirus. I didn't really find much interest in this song. I don't think this will last long.


90. Chiddy Bang, Opposite Of Adults
I like this song. It's got a good hiphoppop drive, and good musical hook. It's also my favorite of the week. That being said, I don't think it has the staying power. This might climb a little bit, but wont stay around on the charts for very long.


74. Auburn Featuring Iyaz, La La La
I'm listening to this and thinking, yeah so what? There's nothing special about this song. It's good for the clubs, but IMO not good enough for the charts. I don't think this will be here next week.


71. New Boyz Featuring Iyaz, Break My Bank
This is cute, I guess. It's got a good beat, and all the usual cliches for the genre. It's not a great song by any means. This might have a few weeks on the charts, but I don't see it hitting top 50.


67. Darius Rucker, Come Back Song
It's a simple Country song, but the chorus is pretty strong. I don't think this will shoot up much higher, but rather have a slow climb into the top 50.


19. Usher Featuring Pitbull, DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love
This week's highest new entry is a good solid Dance song. This should do very well in the clubs. On the Billboard Hot 100 charts, I think it'll do alright. I'm a little surprised it shot straight to 19 though.



So how did I do lasr week?
Right
Rick Ross Featuring Styles P, B.M.F (Blowin' Money Fast) - So far so good. It climbed to 82.

Wrong
Dierks Bentley, Up On The Ridge - I thought it had a better chance, but left the charts
The Band Perry, If I Die Young - It climbed 12 places, so I may have mis spoken about this one.

Undetermined
Fantasia, Bittersweet - I suppose time will tell on this one. It climbed only to 92.

No comments:

Post a Comment