This week only there’s one entry per artist. Let’s see what they’re worth.
100. 3OH!3, I Can Do Anything
They’ve had quite a few hits and other less successful releases. I think this one belongs to the latter group. It’s just more of the same and not as good. I don’t predict a good future for this song.
99. Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra, Cuando Me Enamoro
I admit, I haven’t the slightest idea what he’s singing about. But musically the song has a nice tune to it. I’m not too sure of this. An english version would probably do well, but I don’t think this will last long.
97. Josh Turner, All Over Me
This has been in the Country charts for a while. It’s typical Country. It’s got a good beat, and good drive. Tune wise, it’s OK, nothing special, I don’t see this in the charts much longer.
95. WE the Kings Featuring Demi Lovato, We'll Be A Dream
There’s a nice tune going here. The production isn’t too bad either. The song has some emotional power here. I’m not too sure what this will do in the charts. On the one hand it’s a good song, but that has nothing to do with the charts. I think this will stick around for a while but not climb too high.
87. Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall, Deuces
It starts off with a nice beat to hit. But I didn’t feel this was a very strong song. The chorus is very weak, IMO. I think this might have a couple of weeks on the charts.
84. Lil Jon Featuring LMFAO, Outta Your Mind
Now this one’s catchy. Far from a great song, but it’s definitely a feel good song for the clubs. I found myself singing the chorus after one hearing. This should get into the top 50, but I don’t think too high there.
65. Flo Rida Featuring David Guetta,Club Can't Handle Me
David Guatte’s had quite a few successful collaborations recently, and I think one is going to be another. It’s catchy, bouncy, well performed. It’s got everything that says Hit about it. It’s also my favorite of the week.
63. Christina Perri, Jar Of Hearts
It’s a nice soft ballad, but really nothing we haven’t heard before. She has a beautiful voice, and really lets us feel the emotion. But I didn’t feel the song was that good. This might be here next week, but it probably will drop.
22. Kanye West Featuring Dwele, Power
This week’s highest new entry has a solid beat to it, and has some potential to it. It’s not particularly catchy, but there’s something to the song that makes me want to keep listening. This should stay in the charts for a while I think.
So how did I do last week?
Right:
Eminem, Cold Wind Blows – It wasn’t a very strong song, it left the charts.
Eminem Featuring Pink, Won't Back Down – Again, it sounded like too many other songs which were already in the charts. This one left.
Selena Gomez & The Scene, Round & Round – It was too high to start with, and it dropped to 48.
Eminem Featuring Lil Wayne, No Love – I had my suspicions, and it dropped all the way down to 67.
Wrong:
Eminem, 25 To Life – I’m surprised. This was one of the better songs he gave us last week. It left the charts.
Miley Cyrus, Stay – I really thought it would do well. It left the charts.
Sara Bareilles, King Of Anything – I thought it would drop, it climbed eight places.
Maroon 5, Misery – I still have hope for this song. It dropped 10 places.
Undetermined:
Adam Labert, If I Had You – I expected it to climb higher, but it only climbed nine spots.
Eminem Featuring Kobe, Talkin' 2 Myself – I said I wasn’t sure how it would do. It left the charts.
Eminem Featuring Rihanna, Love The Way You Lie – I wasn’t sure, I’m still not sure, and it’s in the same spot.
Thursday, 8 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment