Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Glee's Doing Madonna

Another week, another chart. Here are this week’s new entries:

At 93 we have Ciara with Ludacris singing Ride. This song is boring. Nothing new, nothing original, bland and monotonic. I’m disappointed with both of them. I don’t think this is going to get very far.

At 91, it’s Tim McGraw singing Still, from his album Southern Voice. For a Country song it isn’t too bad. It’s got a nice tune, and emotional arrangements. But it’s very unoriginal and far from being one of his better songs. The song is doing alright on the Country charts, but here, I don’t see it breaking top 50.

At 90 it’s Reba preaching to us with I Keep on Lovin’ You. I’ve never really enjoyed songs using bible references, so the lyrics here put me off a little, but musically this song is very good. It’s a strong Country ballad, catchy and a good hook in the chorus. On the Country Charts it will get very far, but here, I’m predicting 40’s maaaaayyybeeee 30’s, but no more.

At 89, The Glee cast are having a Madonna week. They’re covering 4 Minutes. It’s a powerful performance and it’s covered well. The song itself was never brilliant in my opinion. I think the song placement is fair, and might do a little better.

At 88, Shontelle is singing Impossible, from the album of the same name. I’m going to say this is my favorite of the week. It starts off pretty unoriginal, but the chorus is what gets you. This will get far. Top twenty and maybe even higher.

At 87, the Glee folk are continuing with their Madonna escapades with Like a Virgin. This could have been done better. Maybe it’s because the original is such an 80’s classic. Not much more to say here. This will linger somewhere in the 60’s next week. Next please.

At 78, more Madonna Glee. This time it’s time it’s a medley, Borderline and Open Your heart. It’s an Ok performance, they got the 80’s feel right on this one. Not much else. I have a feeling this won’t be in the charts much.

At 72, we’ve got B.o.B with Playboy Tre. This is going to be one of those songs that I really don’t like, but will probably get far into the charts. OK, so I’m not a fan of the Genre, but I can usually see the appeal a song (or lack of). 40’s.

At 27, this week’s highest new entry is again the Glee cast with Madonna’s Like a Prayer. Well, they’ve obviously put the effort into this one. It’s pretty good (nowhere near as good as the original). I’m not sure if this will climb much higher, but it’ll probably stick around for a while.

Now let’s have a look at last weeks predictions:
Lets’ start with what I got wrong, Both Hello, and Hello I Love You from Glee pretty much left the charts when I thought they’d be hits. Christina’s I’m Not Myself Tonight also went pretty far down.
Where did I get them right? Glee again. Their version of gives you hell dropped to 92. Brad Paisley’s Water is slowly creeping up. Same thing with Jason Aldean’s Crazy Town.

OK, that’s it from me, see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment