It’s an interesting week, with a couple of surprises.
At 99, we’ve got Theory of a Deadman with All or Nothing, from their album, Scars & Souvenirs. No, it’s not a Milli Vanilli cover, it’s more a generic rock song lacking quite a lot of originality, and I like rock music. It’s got a nice tune to it, but really, it sounds like so many other songs. I don’t think this will be here next week.
At 97, Lee Brice singing Love Like Crazy, from the album of the same name. For a Country Rock song, this isn’t too bad. It’s got a nice drive, and very good performance. Who are we kidding though, this is the Hot 100, Country doesn’t get very far here, and this song is no exception. Maybe another week.
At 92, The Glee cast are trying to touch M.C Hammer’s U Can’t Touch this. Never mind not touching it, they’re not even reaching in the right direction. It’s quite a disappointment for the Glee people. This won’t be here next week either.
At 89, The Glee club are trying to get Physical. Much better than their touching attempt. Without a doubt what helps them keep in shape here is Olivia Newton John, who after all these years, can still teach them a thing or too. This might stay around for another week or two.
In at 74, Whenever I hear this opening riff I get all mad that I’m not going to hear Under Pressure. The Glee cast are doing Ice Ice Baby. It’s not much better than the original, but that’s not difficult to do. I really hope this isn’t here next week.
Up at 61, Not too many new entries this week, but they all seem to be Glee. This time, it’s Run Joey Run. It’s cute, and well performed. Not much more to say, the Glee have had so much attention the last few weeks. I don’t think this will hold on another week.
Jumping in at 35, Young Jeezy and Plies with Lose My Mind. I know I haven’t been nice to the other songs in this week’s blog, but with song, I have to keep being negative. What is good about this song? There’s nothing here. It’s way too monotonic and boring. Next week, this will go down!! Nuff Said.
At 34 we have Drake singing Find Your Love. Not too bad, and quite pleasant to listen to. This might stick around for a couple of weeks, but as nice as it is, I don’t think it has lasting power.
Dropping in at 16, and my favorite for this week, the glee cast are covering Total Eclipse of the Heart. This is one of those songs where anyone can do it and will sound great. While it doesn’t have Bonnie Tyler’s power, it’ll stick around for a few weeks.
Screeching into the 9th spot, 3OH!3 and Ke$ha with My First Kiss. It’s a good song, and will stay here for a while, maybe even make top 3 (pun not intended). But what’s the point of having Ke$ha in it? She brings no value to the song at all.
OK, new entry at No.1……Not Afraid by Eminem. I think it doesn’t really matter what I say here, the song’s a hit.
Let’s see how my predictions from last week went.
What I got right:
Big Time Rush ,Halfway There. I said it wouldn't last long and it left the charts.
Glee nothing’s left from last week, only the new stuff. Pity, because I liked their songs from last week.
Shakira ,Gypsy. I didn’t like it, and it’s going down!
The Black Eyed Peas,Rock That Body. Well it was pretty obvious it would do well.
What I got Wrong:
Alpha Rev ,New Morning, I thought would do better. It left the charts.
Jerrod Niemann ,Lover, Lover. Though I liked the song, I predicted it wouldn’t do too well. It climbed 15 places.
B.o.B Featuring Rivers Cuomo ,Magic .I thought it would do well, it left the charts.
Undetermined:
David Guetta ,Gettin' Over You, while I did say it won’t be around for long, it did slightly climb.
Mike Posner ,Cooler Than Me, while I did predict it would get higher, it still climbed 20 places.
Sunday, 16 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment