Here we are again, new charts, new entries:
At 100, Alpha Rev with New Morning, from the album of the same name. It’s a nice song. Not very original, but enjoyable. I think Kings of Leon have started to inspire other bands. To be honest, I’m not sure which way this could go. My hunch says it’ll do well.
At 95, David Guetta & Chris Willis Featuring Fergie & LMFAO performing Gettin' Over You. Pretty predictable, but still bouncy. This should do well in the clubs. Here on the charts, I don’t think this will around for too long. The song opens well, but then just gets repetitive and dull.
At 93, boy band Big Time Rush singing Halfway there. It’s a little catchy, but there’s not really much substance to the song. It’s very unoriginal and I’d probably change station if I knew something better was on. This song will not get very far.
At 90, the Glee cast are taking us Home. The musical style is done well, and the performance isn’t too bad either. It’s not a mainstream song, so the chances of this still being around next week are pretty slim. Still, I enjoyed listening to it.
At 89, it’s Jerrod Niemann with Lover, Lover. For a country song, this arranged pretty well. It’s a little slow to take off, IMO, but a pretty solid song. It’s been around on the country charts for a few weeks now, and jumped into the 100 this week. Sadly, it won’t stay here for very much longer. Country songs really have to be WOW, and basically not sound country to get high up in the chart.
At 85, Mike Posner and Big Sean with Cooler Than Me. The song is pretty cool, and has a great beat. It’s catchy, bouncy, and just overall not too bad. I’d like to see this get high up. I’ll say it’ll get into the Top 50.
At 83, it’s B.o.B featuring Rivers Cuomo. Well pretty much anything (though not everything) this guy touches turns to gold. I think this will also get pretty far. Top 20 even. I liked it. It just pulls you along with it. It reminds me a bit of Heya from a few years ago. I’m going to choose this as my favorite for the week.
At 70 it’s the Glee kids again singing A House is Not a Home. They should do more of this stuff because the performances out do the more modern songs they sing. It’s a very good version of the song. As with other Glee songs in the past few weeks, I’ve learned my lesson to be careful with my predictions, so I’m going to say that I have a feeling I won’t be hearing this song next week.
At 65, Shakira singing Gypsie from the album She Wolf. Well, it’s not a cover of Fleetwood-mac’s 80’s hit, which is a pity, because that would at least be tolerable. This is very very plain. Next please.
At 64, Glee are on Fire, well not really, it’s a nice cover version, but all the other versions are better (even springsteen elvis imitation version). It’s nice to listen to, and it’s got a good beat going for it, but I’m not quite sure how this reached higher than their other releases this week. I don’t see this still here next week.
At 62, the Black Eyed Peas with Rock That Body. It’s not as strong as some of their other songs, but this will probably go far. I don’t quite understand why they’re using such heavy vocal effects though. Fergie's regular voice not good enough?
At 61, Glee have gone Aguilera with Beautiful. It’s a very nice version, but nothing can beat the original in this case. It just doesn’t have the same power, and a little thin (could find a better word). This will hang in there for maybe a week or two, but not much longer.
At 53, and this week’s highest new entry, It’s Glee covering One Less Bell to Answer. Nice, very very nice. Well performed, well produced. It won’t be here next week, but still, good stuff.
OK, let’s see how I did with my predictions from last week….Not too well apparently.
What did I get wrong?
Tim McGraw singing Still, I thought it would do better, though not great, but still (pun intended), it left the charts.
Reba with I Keep on Loving You. I thought It would do much better
I got all the glee stuff completely wrong, my Bad.
What did I get right?
Shontelle, I thought it would do much better, but it’s still climbing so we’ll have to see about that.
In the middle?
Ciara and Ludacris’s Ride. I thought it wouldn’t last, it’s slowly creeping up
B.o.B Featuring T.I. & Playboy Tre performing Bet I. I hated It, though it would be one that I would hate but do very well. Well, it didn’t. So I’ll say I’m half right.
Sunday, 9 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment