98 Justin Bieber with Somebody to Love from the album My World 2.0. The chorus is quite good and very catchy, but that seems to be the only thing that manages to carry the song, because the rest is quite below par. None the less, this will get far, IMO.
93 The Glee Cast are still turning out songs. This time with Rose’s Turn. It’s a nice version, with a good performance. I found it enjoyable to listen to. Not much else to say, but next week it won’t be here.
89 Enrique Iglesias featuring Pitbull with I Like it. It’s a bouncy song, but not really very original, and didn’t really pull me in, even a little boring. The pace more or less stays the same throughout the song, and doesn’t really give the listener much variety. I don’t think this will be here for very much longer.
82 Lil Wayne with I’m Single, hmmm, I’m not sure about this one. It’s not bad, but not wow. For the genre, I’d say it’s interesting. Hard to try and predict this one. It’s not very mainstream, but has the potential of getting somewhere. I’m going to gamble and say this will get to the top 50.
81 Glee Cast with Lady is a Tramp, It sounds like one of those songs that they know is not going to be anywhere near as good as the original, so they went and had as much fun as they can with it. It’s enjoyable. Next week, won’t be here.
76 Glee Cast with The Boy is Mine. The original wasn’t too bad a song in the late 90’s, and it’s a nice attempt they’re doing here. The performance is good, and they managed to fit the message well into the episode. Anyway, good stuff, but next week, like all Glee songs, not here.
60 Glee Cast with One. According to Wikipedia, this is the 26th cover version of this song. And they’ve done a very good job here. They took a great song and kept its value. I’ll call it my favorite for the week. This might stick around a week or so, but not much more than that.
56 Charice featuring Iyaz with Pyramid from the album Charice. The song has potential, but I wasn’t blown away. The hook (pyramid in the chorus) sound a little too forced on. It might still be here next week, but my feeling says it’ll head downward.
23 Glee Cast with Jessie’s Girl. How much do you want to bet they name the characters on the show based on songs they like. I loved the original when I was kid, but this lacks the same power it had. I’m surprised that out of all of Glee’s releases this week, that this came in the highest, and pretty high too. I don’t see this lasting.
2 Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dog with California Gurls from the album California Gurls. I’m not really sure what to think about this. The song drags a bit until the chorus, but then really goes far, and pulls you in. Me like. Good stuff, While this is a straight-away hit, I wonder how long it can last.
OK, let’s see how I did last week:
Right:
Theory of a Deadman with All or Nothing – I said it wouldn’t last, and it left the charts.
Glee Cast – I said they all won’t last, apart from Total Eclipse which might stick around a bit.
Wrong:
Drake with Find Your Love – I seemed to have missed the beat on this one. I thought the song wouldn’t do too well, but it’s climbed up 15 places.
3Oh!3 and Ke$ha with My First Kiss – I thought it would hit top three, it dropped down to 21.
In Between:
Lee Brice with Love Like Crazy – I said maybe another week, it climb very few places.
Young Jeezy and Plies with Lose My Mind – I didn’t like the song and thought it would drop in the charts. It did, but only by 10 places.
Eminem with Not Afraid – yep still a hit, though falling 5 places.

No comments:
Post a Comment